How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Love

What's love?? And how reliable is it? I have been thinking about this of late... Human love, with all its good intentions, is undoubtedly flawed and prone to failings. When such times come about, pain and hurt will develop and leave their marks in the lives of the persons forever. Or will they? Is there any possibility of a complete healing and restoration of the relationship? I'll like to think that there is, but the process to reach that point is definitely a very tough, uphill one.

In the xx years of my life, I have witnessed and heard of a number of marriages that went through some pretty tough patches, and two of them came to my knowledge recently. Being inexperienced in this field, I felt so inadequate to provide any wise counsel. My notion of a happily-everafter marriage is kinda evaporating. I think to myself, would I be able to weather it through if I were in their shoes? Conflicts, problems, struggles are inevitable, and how we go through each trial will either build us up or tear us down. Is it worth a shot?

I guess the bottomline for me is this, that much as I trust in the characters of other persons I hold dear, I should ultimately base my trust in the Almighty God, for even "the king's heart is in His hand; He directs it like a watercourse wherever He pleases." (Prov 21:1) Humans are fallable, but God is faithful. When human conflicts and difficulties arise, I think that its not good to leave God out of the picture.

I am reminded of the bilical character, David, who committed adultery and murder. What terrible sins they are, but yet, he realised his wrong and repented. And God forgave him, and called him a man after His own heart. What tremendous amount of grace David experienced. A man who is forgiven much loves much. Do I realise that I have been forgiven much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home