How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Monday, March 14, 2005

Future Direction

The past few weeks have been pretty draining, emotionally that is. Met up with my financial planner friend, an ex-course mate of mine, last week. Oh man, he's definiftely one of the people I've known who's got the most "successful" career. Besides the big paycheck he's drawing at this young age, what impressed me more was his zeal, perseverence, and adaptability in this industry. He knows his goals and works hard to reach them. He seems to have his career path well charted out.

Guess I was hard hit because I've been feeling as if I'm at this cross road for some time already, taking stock of my life, wondering what am I doing with my life, what have I achieved, is my work being valued etc. From an earhly perspective, I'm going nowhere, accomplished little at work, and am merely a headcount in my organisation. I'm acquainted only with working hard, not working smart.

These negative sentiments got me feeling rather down, and fighting these emotions just drained me out. Knowing God's truth is one matter, embracing it is another. I know that God is my Provider, my Wisdom, my Guide, my Fortress, my Sustenence, my very present Help in time of need, and I'm so thankful for that. What matters most should be things of eternal value, not worldly success.

I'm praying that all these truths will translate from head knowledge to heart conviction. I have learnt that the way to be convinced of God's truth is not by shoving it down one's throat. Rather, it involves looking toward Jesus, and focusing on His goodness. I remember the words of the song:
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace"

No doubt things are still hazy now, but I know who holds my hand and who has charted out my path with plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home