How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lasik Experience

Finally went for my lasik on Tue!!! It was quite an experience. Wasn't too apprehensive about it till the night before when I started getting the jitters. Went to work on Tue morning before going for the surgery. Well, the surgery was on my mind the whole time. I was pretty tensed by the time I stepped into the clinic. Had to wait quite a while for my turn, and that kinda gave me some time to cool down. Perhaps I felt better when I saw the other patients before me return after their surgery with no major hiccups.

When I was lying on the surgery chair, I felt super trapped and exposed cos the doc was just taping my eyelashes, using something to keep my eye open blah blah. I tried hard to concentrate on staring at the red light as instructed, all the while feeling tensed. Thank God soon enough, the ordeal for one eye was over. Then its the other eye's turn. My left eye, being the weaker eye, was more sensitive to the procedure and there was more discomfort. I just prayed that it'll be over quickly. The procedure was completed in 20mins.

The doc then checked my eyes and promptly dismissed me to rest in the recovery area. So I went obediently, and there began my "tearing" session. The nurse assured me that this was normal. After resting for about 20mins, she put protective shields on my eyes and off I went. Thank God my dad came to pick me, else I will be stuck in the taxi queue with loads of people staring at me and my eye shields as I teared away in discomfort. I couldn't even read smses that people sent me! Went back home and slept. Felt better when I woke up. Spent most of Wed napping and resting too. Was back to office today. Unfortunately had to stare at the PC quite a bit. Somehow, I feel that I may be straining my eyes a little. Gonna sleep early today and consciously close my eyes to rest while at work.

Am grateful for all the friends and colleagues who showed much concern and prayed for me the last few days. Am sure God has answered our prayers! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Ming said…

    Hi there,

    How have u been feeling w/o ur glassess now? I've been thinking of doing Lasik for the longest time but I am afraid I may not be able to wear contact lens IF I become short- sighted again in future!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home