How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Monday, March 28, 2005

Mindset

"For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it...What a wretched (wo)man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

My exact sentiments for today. It had been a super frustrating day, and I can hardly talk myself out of the frustration. It's a vicious cycle, the more I think of it, the more upset and embittered I become. Finally, I managed a desperate plea to God for help, out of this cycle, and He pointed me to the above passage. Oh what a timely reminder! I love the subsequent verses that says "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

And this leads on to "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry 'Abba, Father'" and "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Oh what a privilege!

Oh mine, I desperately need time-out period from work to re-focus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home