How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Update 2

The other person who entered my life is Daniel. Am so amazed to see God’s hand in bringing us together. He has indeed been our source of strength, wisdom and direction. I marvel at how God turned my heart round, from one of disinterest to openness in building the friendship, and eventually to fall in love with this man whom He has prepared. Yes, I am touched by Dan’s love, sweetness, maturity, generosity, humor, persistence and many more attributes…

Though we have only been together for 4+ months, I have learnt much in the process of growing this relationship, to communicate, to understand each other and to know our likes and dislikes. We have shared times of joy, excitement, tension and tears, and I do say that these moments have strengthened us as a couple. I thank our Lord for leading and guiding us thus far.

Dan joined my family for visitation in KL this CNY. It must have been a bit of a culture shock for him, to visit relatives in a “Kampong” style neighborhood, to take in the different sights and sounds, to taste local food, to feel the heat, literally, in KL. I was a little worried that Dan might not be used to it. Thankfully, everything turned out quite well, and we even managed to spend some couple time in the midst of this festivity. On the third day, my family also managed to drive up to Genting to spend an hour or two in the resort.

We celebrated our first V-day together this year. Dan painstakingly planned the evening’s program, and he themed it “Sweet Surprises”. I was so full of anticipation for the evening cos he had hinted at something special. It was indeed a night of sweet surprises!

First surprise – Dan rented a performance car for the occasion. Didn’t recognize his car when he came to pick me after work. Actually he wanted a convertible car, but the car was sent for servicing last minute, so he settled for a turbo-charged car. Heh, guys’ toys…

We headed to Botanic Gardens and I was pleasantly surprised that we were fine dining at au Jardin, a French restaurant. Wow, the food was great, exquisite and delicious. Waiters were all decked in jackets. The restaurant accepted only 12 couples for the evening. So there was a lot of quietness and privacy. Was initially quite tense and self-conscious, but settled in comfortably as time went on. It was a 7-course dinner, served at a comfortable pace. We took in the ambience and classiness of it all. I couldn’t resist taking pics of the food that were served. Unfortunately, I left out one or two dishes and only remembered after the food was eaten. Heh. This dinner is definitely a rare and fine experience for me, and it costs Dan a bomb! A big bomb I must say! Am so touched by his extravagance.



Venus clams in salsa verde, horseradish & caviar d'Aquitaine













Smoked quail with foie gras & Jamon Jabugo













Slow roasted Wagyu beef tenderloin with braised beef blade, shallots marmalade












Sometime through the dinner, Dan arranged for a bouquet of roses to be delivered. So sweet of him and I loved it very much! Dan also prepared 6 little notes to hand me, at various intervals through the night. And each of this constitutes a surprise for me. He has gotten 2 tickets for us up the Flyer on our next month’s anniversary J He has purchased a blouse online, to be delivered to my home, which I am to wear on my birthday. He also bought me a sweet Precious Moment figurine featuring the “unbreakable cords of love”.

Heh, my gift to him is a humble fragrance, and a DIY snack jar for him to have in school, whenever he is hard pressed for time and has no time to grab a proper meal. Don’t want him to go about on an empty stomach. Had wanted to buy him some biscuits initially, but it developed into this gift idea of packing him a nice snack jar full of goodies. Hope that he likes it and finds it useful.















After the dinner, we took a slow walk in the garden and Dan found a nice spot at the symphony lake and sat me down. He read me a sweetly composed poem, and I almost teared as I listened to him. Such words of love, affection and sincerity. Dan handed me a box with the note “Will you marry me?” It was then that he went down on his knees and presented a most beautiful ring to me. I was very moved and said yes to him even though we’ve not been together very long. It helped that I was prepared and had seen it coming cos we’ve talked about our future oftentimes. I was also assured that God was the One who brought us together and we had been working toward possible marriage when we first started the courtship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home