How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Saturday, March 22, 2008

More happenings

We are really thankful for the use of my brother’s car during the March school holidays. We used the car to visit various bridal boutiques to enquire the packages and check out the gowns. As many of these services are found in the vicinity of Tanjong Pagar Road, we incurred quite a lot of ERP and parking charges in the CBD district.

We visited a range of boutiques, from the Taiwanese style to the designer style ones, and generally received quite good service. Thank God for that. Of course there were persistent ones who “refused to let us go”, but I was pretty firm on not committing to one until I have visited all my shortlisted boutiques. Poor Dan had to accompany me on these many trips, and he was nursing a cold through the week.

Some packages were value for money, but the in-house photography did not appeal to us. Other boutiques had acceptable gowns but Dan wasn’t too conversant with the in-house designer/photographer in Mandarin. Different “frequency” I think. Some boutiques had designers whose skills we were not too confident about. Others had confident but strong opinionated designer whom we will probably not enjoy working with so closely. The “a la-carte” designer boutiques are generally non insistent and provides us their package lists to take back whereas the Taiwanese style ones will hold onto the pricelists.

No particular shop wowed us very much, i.e. until we stepped into Divine Couture, and we were blown away by the service of the designer Kim. She radiated such warmness and sincerity as she attended to us. We have had a long day of traveling around before stepping into this boutique for our last stop. And I had earlier copied the wrong address which resulted in us entering the Orchard CBD and paying exorbitant parking charges at Meritus Mandarin. Arrrgh. So we weren’t exactly feeling very chirpy when we visited DC. But wow, we quickly warmed up to Kim as she attended to us. Amazing PR skills. She selected some lovely gowns for me to try on, and shifted her attention to Dan while I changed. They discussed ideas for groom’s suits and she freely offered useful advices. Then she got him seated comfortably on the couch to view the photographs as she brought out the bride to him. It is such subtle attention that makes her service outstanding. For the first time, Dan felt that he actually existed! Heh, Kim came across as confident, yet non pushy as she explained to me what gowns would suit my body type.

Dan was all ready to end the search and sign up with DC. We both felt assured that we would be in good hands if we signed up with her. But me, being me, wanted to do more comparison, so we visited a few other boutiques. None came close to DC when it comes to the service quality. However, the drawback of DC is its higher cost. The package including photography will burst our budget so I wasn’t sure if it is a wise decision… :( We are still deciding. I plan to make a second trip to DC to look for a gown that I really love, so that I will not need to have a MTM gown, which costs an extra $1K!

We visited a photographer on Wednesday to check out his portfolio and packages. A we are both very comfortable with him and his photography style, we plan to engage him for the photo shoot. That’s another item off the checklist. Whew! And many many more stuff to do. Praying that we will pace ourselves comfortably, and not wear ourselves down during this period.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Ming said…

    I loved DC! Their gowns are really. I almost signed up with them that time but like u said, it's rather ex! Congrats in finding ur love nest! Guess what? My good frd, Junnan also got a place there. It's ex isn't it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home