How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Monday, August 23, 2004

Certainty of Victory

Had been looking forward to catch the table tennis semi-finals between Jia Wei and her opponent on Sat 5pm. Thank God for granting the opportunity to catch the last 2 sets at Ed's place. It was super agonising to watch the match though. I realise that I cant stand losing. The match was so closely fought through the last 2 sets, I had no idea who was gonna win. No leads. One thing I have learnt, if i cant take the mental anxiety of watching, i better keep away from such matches. :)

Seriously, the main lesson I learnt after the match, which Singapore lost, was that, boy am I so relieved that we are on the winning side of the battle!!! I meant, the spiritual battle. Until now, I had not known nor realised the significance to be in a battle which has already been won. I have always heard of pastors or speakers mentioning that the victory has been won and we just need to claim it. It has never really meant very much to me till now... How I had so dearly wished for a Singapore victory at the semis, and the uncertainty of the result was rather unbearable. The loss was a definite disappointment.

I am so thankful and grateful to Jesus for having won the battle. And we are on His winning team! Amen!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home