How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Thursday, February 02, 2006

CNY

As usual, my family spent our CNY in KL with our extended family. As usual, we stayed at my grandmother's house. And as usual, the house was almost brought down with noise and people on the second day of CNY, cos all the relatives came visiting. Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews filled the whole house. Its nice to have everyone gathered under 1 roof. But somehow, I am still very distant from all my cousins, as we only see each other a few times a year, and the ice has not really been broken after all these years, and nobody's very keen to break the ice now! Sigh...

The big difference about this year's CNY is that my grandmother is no longer around, and everyone missed her very much. We all felt her absence keenly, as she would usually be the one to welcome us whenever we visit, talk to us, supervise the cooking of meals, basically, run the household. Now that she has passed on, there is a void somewhere.

Another highlight of the trip was that my dad's car battery actually died on us the day after we reached KL. In all, we had to jumpstart the car using other car's battery on a total of 5 occasions! As it was 1st day of CNY, we had difficulty buying new battery, so we simply lived with it and sought the help of relatives and strangers alike to jumpstart the car each time we needed to use it. Thank God we finally managed to get the battery changed on the 2nd day. Moral of the story? Check your battery often and get it changed when it is reaching the end of its lifespan. Also, keep a set of jumpstart cables readily available in your car. You'll never know when you'll be needing it.

Returned to Sgp yesterday afternoon, and managed to do some visitation yesterday. It was nice being able to visit friends here, just enjoying each other's company. Usually, I'll be in KL the entire CNY hols and miss out on the friends' visitation here.

Came back from watching the Geisha movie with friends a while ago. Enjoyed it thoroughly even though its review was not too fantastic. I was totally immersed in the plot for the entire 2+ hrs. I could just feel along with the characters as the story unfolded. Felt like a fairytale with nice ending eh, well, sort of lah... If you are the sentimental type of person, chances are, you will enjoy it too!

Chatted with my friends over dinner before the movie, and was encouraged by some sharing and "spiritual exhortation". As I ponder over it, I wonder whether has my Hope clique become so comfortable with seeing each other that we hardly share at a deeper level now? A sober realisation, and probably just my opinion. Rather than looking at the contributing factors, let me start relating to people at a deeper level. I only pray that the Spirit guide me in what I say or do.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Handiworks said…

    hi thanks jache for responding. i agree that group size is a factor for some of us when we share. And we just need to start the ball rolling... Oh, in case I have sent out the wrong message, I wanna say that I really thank God for this clique. Your friendships are precious to me :)

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Handiworks said…

    Hey grace, I'm sorry if I have been insensitive in any way. Guess I have always associated u with school cos u are the only one amongst us who is schooling and it would be a natural topic...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home