How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Friday, February 17, 2006

The day drawth near

In exactly a week's time, I will be holed up in office at about this unearthly hour. Will be there till about 5am, to verify data which are migrated to new system. Why this hour? Becos the project is running with very tight timeline, and we will have to take whatever window period there is... sigh, I pray that everything will go on smoothly. I will be on standby the entire weekend too.

The past weeks have been extremely busy period, preparing for the upcoming launch, and tying whatever loose ends we find, and there are many. In such times, my "task-oriented" character starts to take over, and it becomes more natural for me to give instructions here, there and everywhere, and not be swayed by how they would respond. Without this mounting pressure, I would have been more understanding and more "people-focused". Well, I guess its a good thing to be so focused once in a while. Really builds up the momentum to something big. And I do hope that my staff are with me on this. One of them has even fallen ill with heart pain the past week, and I suspect its related to this looming change.

As for me, I'm taking one day at a time, no matter how packed my diary is with meetings / trainings, no matter how many outstanding tasks there are to follow up on, and no matter how many public feedback we have or will be receiving...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Inspirational thoughts said…

    Will pray that God will grant you physical strength to endure during this stressful time at work. May you continue to look up to Him. PRoverbs 3:5-6. Take Care! :)

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Will be praying for u on this, hope you survive this one.. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home