How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ambassador

How apt, today being our Nation's birthday. My devotion today is from 2 Cor 5:11-6:2. I quote from vs 20:
"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us..."

I suddenly realised that God is making His appeal through us. How have I been conveying His appeal to others? His appeal was made with such love, humility, patience, sacrifice. In my hands, I have conveyed this appeal with embarrassment, with hesitation, with fear. Oh, what a mindset-breaking perspective!

Quote from the guide: "Ambassadors who genuinely love the 'country' they represent are much more attractive than those who deliver prepared speeches."

Hmmm, what is the deeper root of my fear and hesitation? I think I know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home