How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Season of Busyness

As usual, I am taking a long time to post up updates of my life cos (1) I have been super BUSY, and (2) I am not too disciplined to take time to record the happenings in my life. But I am still around k, and doing my best to be posted on how everyone is doing, and to provide updates of my life.

I have been busy with the wedding preparations. Big decisions such as the dinner venue, church wedding prep course, bridal boutique, photographers have been confirmed some months back. Thereafter, we have progressed slowly to work on the details. There seem to be endless things to settle as the big day approaches!

We have purchased our wedding bands from Goldheart after visiting a few of the shops, since Dan has the membership discount here. The designs are asymmetrical and we both loved it. Mine comes with small diamond bits which I love too :)

We shopped at several places before purchasing our Sealy mattress at the Courts’ anniversary sale. It’s classified as a medium soft with a pillow top. I am used to firm mattress while Dan prefers the softer versions. So we’ve got a compromised level of softness. The mattress will be delivered end of the year. But as we are not too certain about our future accommodation yet, we have put the purchase of bedframe and other bedroom items on hold for now. Guess we should be able to settle this in September.

Then, we met up with Kim our designer to discuss and confirm the eventual design of my evening gown. I tried on a few designs, cuts and colours to narrow down the options. It was pretty fun to go through the ideas and hear her professional opinions. We managed to confirm the design and colour of my gown quite quickly, and I can’t wait for the fitting next month!

Dan also got to select his suit and shirt cuts and materials. Kim offered various ideas for us to consider. We are rather relieved that she has got classy taste, and she doesn’t hesitate to say if a color or design combination is too “ching chong”. Heh, her suggestions suit Dan very well =) He eventually decided on making 2 suits, 2 shirts, 1 vest and a cravat. Heh, speak about extravagance… It’s a bit of adjustment for us here, since Dan is very fine with such expenditure while I tend to be thriftier and more budget-conscious.

Having decided on our gown and suits, we went about shopping for our shoes. It was rather difficult to find a suitable pair of shoes for me. I wanted something elegant, yet not too high. After scouting many places unsuccessfully, I got from Addie her contact for her wedding shoes. This place had a good range of designs for brides-to-be, and I found a pair that I liked. Rarely do I come across anything that catches my attention at first glance, and this pair did! Heh, I was so tired of futile shopping that I decided there and then to have my shoes customized because the original model came only in 4inches. Despite the high price, I am glad to finally end the search for my dream shoes and we can move on with our preps. Dan managed to find his shoes quite quickly. And for that, we are thankful. I collected my customized shoes yesterday and am so pleased with them. =) We are now ready for our August fitting!

Through all the gown fittings and stuff, I couldn’t help but notice my visible tummy!! When I weighed myself, I realized to my horror that I have put on 2 kilos since knowing Dan!! We had been eating out so often and I confess that my appetite had increased! And boy was I determined to shed the 2 kilos, if not more, before our photoshoot in September. I quickly devised a weight loss program that included exercising and dieting. I go to my office gym about twice a week at lunchtime, and jog around my estate whenever possible. That means exercising at least 3 times per week. I do feel somewhat healthier with the improved stamina though I am not sure if that is psychological. I also scale back on my food intake especially during lunchtimes at work. Sure, I do feel miserable at times, having to control my diet, and taking cereals or soupy stuff for lunch, but its amazing how motivated I can be when there is a clear goal to work toward. I am proud to announce that, after 2 months of shear effort, I have managed to shed 2+kilos! And my tummy is more trim now. Heh, I shall continue to press on and aim to shed another kilo! =)

Over the past months, I was also pretty caught up with preparing Dan’s birthday present. The idea of doing a scrapbook of our r/s and milestones came to mind as early as 6 months back, so I spent much time collating and arranging information, data and pictures for the “mini-project”. Am pretty satisfied with the end product and I hope that it is meaningful to him too. Now that the birthday’s over, I find that I do have a little more free time when I am at home. Heh, no longer need to type away on the PC… But well, with all the wedding preparation to be done, I will never run out of things to focus on.

Last weekend, we have finally confirmed our honeymoon plans! We will be going on a tour package to Europe (Switzerland, France, Italy). Am so excited about this! Before this, we have been scouring around for tour ideas, both F&E and packaged tour. We decided on a packaged tour instead of F&E because its gonna be very tedious to plan our Itinery and we prefer not be stressed out over this considering the many other things we need to look into. We considered going to Japan, West USA, Hawaii, Maldives, Mauritius and various combinations of these destinations. But the tours are either too expensive or the dates are non-suitable. Then, during one visit to an agency, we browsed through the Europe tours and I was smitten by what they offered. The scenary and experience will be awesome! Europe quickly became an attractive option. On hindsight, Dan shared that he had always wanted to visit Switzerland for honeymoon, but I hadn’t been too keen at first (cos of the cold), so he kinda dropped the idea. It’s amazing how everything falls into place now. Can’t wait to visit the countries and spending a Christmas in winter wonderland!

Outstanding things on hand:
We are in the process of confirming with the caterer our tea reception. Gonna work through the guest list in greater detail and also select the songs for the worship, church/banquet, photo/video montages. We will be going for the trial makeup and the fittings in August. Photoshoot and food tasting are scheduled in September. We’ve got to design the invites and send them for printing. Yes, helpers’ list needs to be drawn up and confirmed. We also need to select our florist for the church decorations. We need to pack our respective rooms and throw out all the clutter. Dan’s family will be shifting house these next 3 months, so that’ll be more packing / unpacking and adjustments. On top of these, I will also need to travel to Australia for a week for a work Conference presentation / training in mid November. Just thinking about all these stresses me up. I guess it is still at a healthy level. Healthy stress is not too bad, prompts me to get started on things that I tend to procrastinate to the last minute... Just praying that God will grant us the strength and ability to juggle all these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home