How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Being Positive

Met up with 2 of my JC friends for dinner just now. It was a nice gathering, just catching up and enjoying one another's company. I guess these are the nicer things in life. Well, complained a little to them regarding my work, but I did made a conscious effort not to be sucked into the complaining spirit. Instead, I devoted my attention to finding out how each person is doing and I was able to enjoy the evening. =) Am quite surprised that I could distant myself from the frustrations at work and be my normal self. Answered prayers.

From a positive perspective, this whole episode of trials at work is somewhat molding my character to be stronger and more mature. So that's a good thing. I am also being more vocal at work, speaking up my mind to bosses, pushing them a little regarding their involvement (or lack of) in the project, learning to delegate tasks (can't handle everything!). In all these, I am becoming less concerned about how others perceive me, what the bosses think of me etc.. I think that this is good, as long as I remain objective, and complete my tasks, and remain guided by God's values.

I am also thankful for the emotional support from my parents. They have witnessed the hard work and long hours, heard my complaints, seen my frustrations. And they are supportive of my decision, whether to change job or not. Dad also gave me some pep talk just now regarding the do's and don'ts in making job switch. Timely reminder and I really appreciate his advice. He noticed that I've been looking out for jobs for quite a while, but have not actually taken any concrete action. He said that such laid back attitude should be cast out. Instead, there needs to be a determination, desire and excitement regarding the job that I'm looking to do. I was reminded of my zeal when I first stepped into this organisation 3+ years ago. Yes, I want to have that sense of anticipation when I do move on.

My colleague N has also mentioned several times to me about taking active steps toward our goals. Ok, I shall "repent" of this and devote my Sat to craft something out and take further action steps. :) Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home