How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Counting Down

Am back again to post updates of my life. The big day's looming really near, and the past few months seemed to have just gone by so quickly. We seemed to have been preparing for our wedding for ages and this is the final lap.

Thank God we got most of the usual wedding stuff settled or in progress to be confirmed. Photos shot, and re-shot. I really liked the studio shots that were re-taken. Nicer makeup, hairdo and was in a happier mood to SMILE. Conversely, Dan felt that he looked better during the first shoot. Hmmm, we'll see what friends have to say about the pics when they are ready. Settling this matter was a huge load off my mind, cos I can now focus on other pressing decisions.

We printed our church and dinner invites at 2 different printers, collected them and got down to finalising our guest list. We emailed, smsed, called various friends and colleagues to check their availability, and this task is by no means completed yet. We are in the midst of sending out cards and obtaining RSVPs. We will also have to start arranging our guests' seating for the dinner. Am trusting God for strength.

Dan's family will be shifting to the new place next Sat. Dan and I were at the house yesterday, cleaning and mopping the place. We spent a whole afternoon there before heading off for my niece's first birthday celebration. Over this week, we will need to go pay the balance for our mattress before its delivery in mid Nov. Thank God that Dan's parents have taken care of all the renovation works and purchase of some furniture. Come Sat, we will probably shuttle between his current and new place, bringing over the personal belongings in batches.

We may also be attending WIN on Tue evening cos an anointed speaker is in town and heard that he'll be coming to speak. We'll also be meeting for cell this Friday. Seems like a pretty busy and tiring week. I will also be preparing to go for a Training/Conference in Brisbane next Mon-Sat. I really need to get familiar with my materials as I will be presenting a paper at the Conference. Er, have not gotten time to feel jittery about it. Think I have got so many things on my mind that my focus for this trip is just to attend the training, and deliver the presentation simply, and that's it. No time to walk around and soak in the local scene. I will hop onto the next available plane back right after my presentation. It's a pity but guess the timing's not quite appropriate for R&R.

We will be meeting our church reception caterer the same day I reach back, to firm up the menu and stuff. The caterer is not available on an earlier date. Well, think the following weeks, we will be running on adrenaline! Appreciate MW who is helping me with the guest book. She also shopped with me for materials to make the helpers' wrist corsages. I will find time during the weekday evenings to work on these... Hopefully it will be straightforward enough cos we did a prototype together. =)

Ah, we will met our florist at church next Sat morning to discuss the decor. Then we will celebrate my brother and sis-in-law's birthday next Sunday. Hmmm, packed huh?

Upon my return from Australia, we will need to schedule for a final fitting, arrange to meet our photo and videographer for final instructions, plan our actual days' programs, get the draft of our program sheet cleared with pastor and send it for printing. We gotta meet our coordinators and brief them thoroughly. We will meet our brothers and sisters separately for bonding and planning. Then there is the wedding rehearsal days before the wedding. We need to do up our photo montage for the dinner march in, and prepare gifts for our parents. Gotta pack my room and shift things over to Dan's place. We will also need to prepare for our HM and for the M'sia leg of dinner celebrations. That's a huge amount of things to do!!

Thinking about it stresses me up! Thank God I am also more emotionally prepared to be married now. Went through a period of fear and uncertainty. Also was feeling quite emotional about leaving my parents. Thank God for allowing me to experience these emotions and helping me sort through them, so that I am now more ready to be a wife!

Today at service, I was reminded by God that our focus for the solemnisation service is to honour God, and that is far more important than all the small details that got me fretting. It was a timely reminder as I gave thanks for the various details that fell into place as we pressed on with our preparations. I trust God that He will cause all things to work out for good of those who love Him and who have been called according to His purpose. Amen!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Lydia said…

    Hi, I was led to your blog after googling crochet class for beginners and someone recommended you for it in a forum. Just wondering if there's any chance of you teaching crochet or is it still available? Sorry about this random post on your comment box cos' I can't find any chatbox on your blog. Cheers.

    You can contact me via my email, iurihs@yahoo.com.sg

    Will love to hear from you!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger alyssa said…

    hi, i got ur blogger via internet..btw did you have a shop at amk which selling yarn?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home