How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Friday, September 10, 2004

Singapore Idol

Am feeling pretty excited and thankful to God after watching the results of the Singapore Idol today (didn't manage to catch the actual performance though). It was special because one of the contestant, Jerry Ong, who got into the next round, publicly thanked our Lord Jesus Christ!! My instinctive reaction was to shout out "Amen! Praise the Lord!"

Actually, my gladness stems not just from a fellow believer's standpoint, but because I had known J Ong when we were in Sunday School some donkey years ago. He had been the typical student leader with loads of charisma, and who exuded such a love for the Lord during his teenage years. At that time, I had really looked up to him and admired him as a role model. Well, but some years later, he left the Sunday School and the church. Have not heard about him since.

Honestly, I was feeling a little apprehensive about this 3rd group's showing after finding out that J Ong is one of the contestant. The One big question in my mind is, "is he still walking close with the Lord?" I had read in the papers that he loved singing and was willing to give up his job to pursue this passion. Somehow, that kinda gave me the impression that God is not very much in the picture... Oh, forgive my tendency to jump to early conclusions.

But when I watched the results, and hear his speech, my heart just leap with gladness! Oh, thank You Lord, for preserving this brother's faith, for I still see the shine of Christ in him. May he continue to walk close with You, to hear You and to be a testimony for Your Glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home