How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Ask and Receive

My QT material for today reads: "Do you ever hesitate to ask the Lord for something? Why is that: do you feel you don't deserve it, or that He is not able to give it? Ask the Lord to raise your level of faith in His generosity and His power.

Yes, I agree that we tend to hesitate in bringing certain matters before the Lord, thinking that its too trival, or too preposterous. At least that's true for me. I rationalise that I don't deserve it and I shouldn't ask, but hey, since when do I deserve anything from the Lord? In my pride, I have tried to "deserve" or earn God's grace, which is rather ironic, because grace is "unmerited favor". I should never try to be deserving, as I will fail miserably. Instead, let me humbly accept God's grace and live the victorious life in Him!

I read of the account in Matt 20:32 where Jesus responded to the call of 2 blind men. He stopped and asked them "What do you want me to do for you?" ... Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed Him.

I sense that God is posing the same question to me. Do I really believe in His goodness? Oh yes, I do! Help my unbelief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home