How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Ahhhhh!!!!!

Am feeling a little better now, after the medicine has taken effect. I think that this is a classic instance that I fall sick due to stress and fatigue. Had been having fever, sore throat and aches since yesterday, but still press on to work. Cannot "tahan" further after work today and went to see a doctor dutifully. Sorry that I had to miss the puppet practice.

I think the morale in church is generally low, at least in my perception. The way things are happening for the upcoming camp has affected a number of us - low attendance, program theme etc. What has happened to the excitement we used to have whenever we approach such a camp? No doubt God can use this opportunity to speak to each of us, but how receptive are we now? Lord, may You prepare all our hearts to meet with You. I think also that the heavy demands of the C party prepartion is taking its toll on some of us.

I had a shock upon reading an email at work on Monday. The project that I'm very heavily involved as a user representative is having its User Acceptance Testing phase from Dec to Jan. My original scheduled period of testing is from mid Jan 05, but apparently, the project team decided to re-schedule all the tests. And lo and behold, my tests are now supposed to be conducted from the week 13 Dec right till end of the year!!

Implications - I may not be able to attend the ch camp, as planned. And I may not be able to visit my grandparents thereafter. I have raised this to the project team and asked them to re-schedule, but am not too optimistic. Afterall, there are so-called dependencies between busincess cases. The carry forward of the test dates also means that I have to make sure that the test cases are ready, but we are far from ready! My assistant has taken leave this week and I've got to churn everything out by myself! Before 13/12/04. How impossible!

This brings to mind how I had to forgo the ch camp last year same period, also because of work! I was also very stressed then, as I had to be around for a major re-org, staff movement and business continuity. This adds on to my mounting frustrations as history seems to be repeating itself this year. To top it off, the project implementation has been delayed till Oct 05, meaning I've got to slog at this project for so many more months!Erk! This is so yucky!

And that's not all, my integrity was called to test over an appraisal report over the past months. It blew to the top recently. Duh, it's not convenient to elaborate here, but it bothered me so much yesterday, that I actually lost sleep over it. I think that God is reminding me of my conscience, and being fair to others, especially my surbordinates. In all honesty, I have raised my displeasure and disagreement at the way things are handled by the organisation. Spoke about this several times with my boss, but he did not take to my points. Today, I again made my stand clear, and tried my best. As I would be signing off the report, I could only ensure that whatever's written is factual, without subjective opinions which are clearly untrue. Sigh, this will be a longdrawn process. Thanks to MW, Will and Norm who listened to me and provided counsel on this matter.

With all these stresses at work, I was really contemplating about leaving the org. But I know that I should do nothing in rash, so am giving myself more time to cool off first.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Handiworks said…

    wow, thats pretty strong sentiments, Avie. I pray that our Heavenly Father will break through all our reservations and pre-conceived notions, to speak into our hearts through this retreat. To me, it's all about Him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home