How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Monday, October 18, 2004

God is good

I had a very busy week, and that explains my MIA stunt. Besides the usual work commitments, I was also hard at work preparing for HC sharing on Sunday.

Its so unbelievable the amount of time spent preparing for this sharing! I took half a day off on Monday to prepare, and spent every weekday evening running thru the content and finetuning it. But I was really at wits end on how to connect the points... Time and again, I kept ignoring this nagging thought to drop everything, and spend the time listening to God instead... Finally, when I was driven to total exasperation at the progress, or lack of, I came before God in helplessness and humility. And I must say, I was truly refreshed, and liberated! Somehow, thereafter, I stopped experiencing the desperation and pressure to draft a 'perfect' script. Praise God!

Shared about God's goodness. After the sharing, I received some encouraging feedbck about the testimony which was shared. Thank You Lord, and all glory unto You! Just as the woman's testimony (healed of 12 yrs of bleeding) went out to the masses, I pray that You will encourage others through each of our testimony.

The other highlight of my past week was the stayover at my good friend's new house on Friday. She had invited me, over sms one day, to "cohabit" with her at her new place. As it was sent via internet, I was initially slightly taken aback by this anonymous invitation, but figured out the sender's identity soon after. The experience is kinda different from other stayovers, coz it is at a friend's own house, and not so much her parents' home. I was flattered to be spending the first night at the new house. She and hubby-to-be will be moving in next month, after their wedding.

We took the time to catch up, to enjoy each other's company, and of course, to do work... She, being a teacher, marked her exam scripts while I worked further on the sharing... I relish the time together, and it somehow reminded me of our NUS days, of how we had studied together late into the nights during the exam period, prayed together, went on mission trips, served in CCC... Thank You Lord for blessing me with such a dear friend!

Not sure if I am experiencing some sort of anxiety about my good friend getting married soon... Dont' get me wrong, I am very, very happy for her. It's probably just the feeling that things will be different after she gets married. Priorities, commitments will change, and we will both move on in our lives. I suppose that's all part of God's design for mankind.



Stayover Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home