How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Appraised

Testimonies of Dr Diana Young indicate that it is very possible for a person to excel in the workplace and yet be sold out for the Lord. She inspired me much.

I had my appraisal session with my boss today. It was a rather pleasant time of receiving constructive feedback. Thank God for the generally positive words. It felt really, really good to hear words of appreciation, acknowledgement and satisfaction for the effort put in during the last couple of months. I had not expected this response actually, having had no such indication from boss all these while...

His words served to encourage me very much and I honestly felt good about it. As I ponder over the episode, it suddenly dawned on me that if I am feelingl so satisfied hearing human praise now, what more the praise of my Heavenly Father, when I ultimately meet Him face to face. Oh what a breathtaking moment, to hear my Lord say "Well done, my good and faithful servant." I've never really "desired" to hear this, until now.

But its never really about how hard I work to earn God's favour. His grace is unmerited favour. In the parable of the talents, God looks at our faithfulness. Also, "without faith, it's impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him." Oh, I do believe You Lord.

I was challenged to work on the areas of my leadership and decision making. How apt, as these are the areas which I find lacking in myself too. Not sure why, but I felt a deep sense of assurance that I am not alone in this. God is with me. Surprisingly, there was no dread nor defensiveness facing up to my weaknesses. Instead, I boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Diana's life has shown me that it is possible to be a dynamic leader, yet exhibit the Christ-like qualities too. I aspire to live my life likewise. Thank You for the inspiration, Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home