How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Communication

I am attending a 2-day course on Managing and Leading Teams. The course touched briefly on the breakdown in how we perceive communication - 7% is based on words, 38% is based on vocal (tone, sound) and 55% based on visual (body language, facial expression etc).

I think to myself, alas, it's no wonder why we find it so hard to discern God! For most of us, we base our communication with God on the written Word, although some of us may actually hear the audible voice of God... It's clear that we are unable to communicate with God based on our experience of communication with people. We don't see, touch, hear God so readily.

So do I then excuse myself from a 2-way communication with God?? No! I thank God for the Holy Spirit, the Counselor who will teach me all things and will remind me of everything Jesus had said. (Jn14:26) And God will give us a heart to know Him. (Jer 24:7) It seems that the ball is in God's court, to communicate with us. And He will do just that. Our part is to listen, to listen in full attention. And yes, its so exciting when we start realising that we are actually hearing God in our everyday life!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    God already has communicated with us fully sister, thru Jesus Christ! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home