How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Rejoice with me, God is growing my heart


Sweet gesture Posted by Hello

Received a sweet gesture from my dear fren JY yesterday evening. It sort of provided the icing to end off my busy day.

I was running around today, preparing some info for an upcoming management meeting on Monday morning. Also had to sit down with a colleague to jointly appraise some staff. All in all, I am involved in the appraisal of 10 staff this year! Thank God I am halfway through them. Gotta complete them by Monday though, so its been a very tight schedule.

I really want to take these appraisal sessions to better relate with each staff, esp. as we haven't been progressing much in the area of team building since the last re-org. Team morale is at an all-time low. A tall order for me, but I guess we gotta start somewhere. Some of the staff have been with me since day 1 when I joined the organisation. I have always looked upon them simply as staff working on my team... Each person does his own part and we will try to move along and meet the targets set before us. Certain prejudices and mindset have subtly evolved along the way.

However, of late, God has been prompting my spirit to do something about this. The team should not continue to de-generate into oblivion... My boss has challenged me in this aspect too. But more than that, today, for the first time, I experienced a certain emotional responsibility toward this team. I realised that God is growing my heart for these people, to value each person and to desire what's best for them. No doubt there are certain quirkiness and underlying attitude issues, but things can certainly improve.

I remain guided by my Lord and Saviour in this uphill task ahead.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Ming said…

    Hi there,

    So u've finally figured out how to post a pic on ur blog!

    Glad to hear tt u r seeing ur colleages more than pple working in ur team... Guess it's difficult to draw lines between being their supervisor & frd at the same time...

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Handiworks said…

    gee, thanks for guiding me thru the steps.

    Yes, i hope to be able to relate to them as friends and not subordinates. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home