How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Divine Intervention

Had promised a friend that I'll blog about a recent incident at work. Well, here it goes. The big project that I am involved in is at its final stage of completion, and horror of horror, we just discovered that some other organisations are unwilling to go along with certain functions that we have developed. So, the workaround solution warrants a Big Change Request, costing tens of thousands. As this relates to my dept business operations, we, or rather, I become answerable for such major change. We need to present our case, the background, why we had not realised this earlier, or done more to convince the organisations... blah blah blah to the Steering Comm which comprises the big bosses lah.

Of course, this would make us look real bad in terms of our ground work. But in real honesty, I do not think that it's an oversight on my part... whatever lah. What has been pretty obvious through the series of events is that my boss is clearly avoiding the responsibility!! I was disappointed, no, furious at him for the lack of support. Thank God, I managed to put the emotions away, and just do my part to prepare for the "firing squad". My boss sent his deputy to attend the meeting with me instead.

Hee, I was a bit nervous the morning of meeting, so I asked 2 of my faithful prayer warriors to pray for me. I totally committed it to God, and experienced His peace. Besides, how bad could it get? Maybe some verbal lashing, poor impression created, poor appraisal?? Well, these do not bother me, since I'm not bound to this job, I reasoned.

As it turned out, at the meeting, the 3 big bosses were so busy disagreeing among themselves regarding some IT aspects of the project, they spent the whole time talking about them. Hahaha, my item was not even brought up for discussion. The deputy and I just sat in the meeting and watched the display of power struggle ... I found out later, to my joy, that the "no-objection" signals a green light for the expensive workaround solution! Hallelujah!!! Praise God!

Indeed God works in mysterious ways, beyond human expectation or plans! This is just another example of His marvellous answer to my prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home