How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Work Wise

Came to know of a friend's sentiments toward her work and recognition at work. Can't say that I totally understand her predicament, but frankly, I have been plagued with such negative thoughts as well, more so lately...

This sets me thinking, am I really doing such a lousy job, that the bosses don't think about rewarding me or recognising my efforts? I know that I have put in 110% of hard work, but its not enough. Although every organisation's appraisal system is bound to have loopholes, I can't help wondering if I have been shortchanged. I have learnt that hard work does not necessarily get reciprocated. I know that this is a sweeping statement, but it holds some truth nevertheless.

This begets the question: Is there a need to market my work to the bosses? If I spend the effort to package my work to the bosses, I will have less time to clear the ever piling mountain of work! What if what I do is really the nitty gritty details? The bosses certainly do not wish to be bogged with details. Yet, high level updates will certainly do injustice to the effort put in! This is such a dilemma!

Lest this becomes all negative, I know that all these experiences will help me wise up to the world, and treasure life outside work. The demands have also driven me to practise the art of delegation, and respond to pp/situation with less care on how they may react, i.e. to be less concerned about offending pp. This driving force is good for me, as it makes me more efficient. But I must say, one cannot thrive in such environment for too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home