How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Father's Heart

Attended the course on Father Heart of God yesterday and today, and I have been blessed to hear the testimonies by the speaker Jo. Jo is a full-time staff with a christian organisation. He speaks with such enthusiasm, and realness. I marvel at his experiences of God, and how God provided for all his needs, especially financially since he knew the Lord in 1980s. The lessons were not easy, but through it all, he has drawn so much closer to God. Oh, he shared about how he had to get a suit for his wedding 4 years back, and how he had a budget of $600. Yet, he was ultimately blessed with a branded suit costing at least $2k! And he shared how he was so overwhelmed by God's goodness and provision, and God had whispered to him "A Father clothes His child". Oh, my heart just melted when I heard that. I could just imagine hearing the Lord whisper such personable words to me.

Indeed, "how great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" 1 Jn 3:1
I have this in my head knowledge, but oftentimes, my heart is just not convinced. As pointed out by Jo, we tend to believe in the lie of the enemy, that God is good, but He is not good to me. How I have fallen for this lie so many times. And the challenge is to have the eyes of my heart enlightened as I encounter, experience Him at an intimate level.

I realised that I actually have many conflicts between my thoughts and feelings about God. The thoughts are generally formed by God's Word and Truth, but the feelings are a result of experiences, and they are often distorted views of God. I pray that God help me identify these distorted views, and right them in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home