How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Teachers' Day

Can't believe it! My previous post was not published!! Got to retype again!!!

Had wanted to testify that Sunday’s Children Min program went on very well, despite the glitches in the video startup. We taught the children to make Rocher flower stalks, and then we bundled them into bouquets for the kids to present to their teachers. The end product was very beautiful, I must say... Thanks to Lucy and Ling.

The other segment was the video quiz. Thank God that facilitating it wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated. I just needed to be "ra-ra" with the kids, and be full of energy. Thank God that Chris was with me to handle the segment, and the children were really spontaneous and responsive. It was over all too soon. And honestly, I found the experience quite enjoyable =)

The other thanksgiving item was the acting and video recording done 1 week beforehand. It was very smooth and completed within 1 afternoon. And we all enjoyed ourselves in the process. Actually, when the idea was first mooted, I wasn't very optimistic. We did not have any prior experience acting and filming, and I thought we were quite reserved people. Hmmm, but I was wrong.. Everyone shed off our inhibitions and gave off our best for the recording, and we discovered new talents in our midst!! Ha ha! Certainly, recording of skits is a very viable option for future programs! Anyway, we hoped that the message was carried across clearly.

What really warms my heart is that every "Hopie" we approached to be involved in this program readily agreed to help out. And we managed to amass a rather large team of helpers to plan, practise and help out on the actual day. I believe all of us have had great fun, judging by the smiles on our faces at the end of the program. And we pray that the program has encouraged the children min leaders to press on in their service. All glory be to God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home