How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Uplifted

Am very glad to have attended the NCC bs on Thur. I have been very drained and famished spiritually, and honestly, I needed some spiritual food, something bite-size and easy to digest. I have been looking to attend bs for a long time. God knew my needs and ministered to me through the songs and the Word. Thankful that both W and JY were also ministered through the session.

PP shared about faith and words. Paraphrased in my own words "the greatest corresponding action to faith is to speak the Truth". So many passages speak of the effect of our tongues. As it is, we are already swamped by the negativism in the world today. We do not have to add on to the negative vibes by our speech. Instead, we should consciously confess God's positive truths. To me, it was a clear message to speak out against the oppressive thoughts and attitudes that overwhelm me so often. Its high time I start speaking words of faith. And yes, I will need to know the Word of God, and to constantly claim upon it, and pray in the Spirit.

Today, I took the afternoon off and spent it at my usual haunt. I came before the Lord and sensed Him addressing something deep in my heart. Was sharing about my struggles with HCM. All along, I know that I struggle with leading the HCM in terms of taking ownership of it. I think that if I cross this hurdle and take ownership of it, everything will fall in place. I have never really given much thought about my “performance”, and I’m not aware how much my “performance” bothered me subconsciously. But God knows… Ok, I’m not sure if I’m making sense here…

Anyway, God knows me better than I know myself and He assured that He is not looking for people who do great things in His Name. He is looking for people who are willing to obey Him and believe that He will supply every need in every circumstance of life. Although the ownership issue is not settled yet, I have been strengthened, having received from the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home