How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Friday, August 12, 2005

Busy Week

Realised that many of friends have been updating their blogs more frequently... think I should do so too. Afterall, I have been running around quite a lot and this past week has been rather eventful.

Watched the Dim Sum Dollies on Mon evening w ch mates. Enjoyed the show pretty much, especially the first half. However, didn't really like some of the "off-colour" jokes... Overall, it was worthwhile lah. Incidentally, there were some fireworks display that night, to welcome N Day. So, we hung around to catch the display. Not surprisingly, many folks also had the same intention, gathering and milling around at the Esplanade. At the strike of midnight, the displays were set off and lasted about 10 mins or so. After that. everyone immediately trodded toward the car park to head home. Reached home at 1+am. Thank God that W graciously sent us each of us back.

Tue was supposed to be a holiday, but some of us gathered with P for planning and retreat. We talked about our various Min, and P asked us to dream big dreams for the Mins. We managed to cover each Min, and as usual, many issues were raised and discussed. Some decisions were made, new ideas were toyed with. Other matters were prayed over. I would say that it had been a rather fruitful session. It was clear that P has been deliberating deeply through these issues. His ideas are often new, innovative, but also require a measure of faith. He is hardly bound by the "how"s. Instead he focuses on the "why"s. As Ming rightly pointed out yesterday, this is his area of strength.

The serious stuff ended by lunch time. We spent the rest of the day at the condo, enjoying the facilities and having a barbeque dinner. I took the opportunity to swim in the afternoon as the pool appeared too enticing. I have not swim in ages, and this swim just whetted my appetite for more. But not sure if I would be making time for this sport...

Wed night, the HCM helpers met with P. Another fruitful meeting I think. The whole time, P was sharing his dream about the HCM, and explaining about certain proposed changes. Through the session, each of us had a clearer picture about the "why"s of the changes. We will be praying about the issues before making any decision later this month.

Thu night, we gathered for dinner, and celebrated A's birthday.There were 11 of us. Quite a large group eh, but it was rather fun. We got to share and check out several of the desserts available, in a "pseudo conveyor belt" fashion, as we passed the desserts around. I think that friendship in this rather large group is gradually deepened through such birthday outings. Several more birthdays in the pipeline for this half of the year! Expecting a much lighter wallet...

This evening, I decided against going to NCC bs, thought of coming back early to rest, since I haven't been home early this past week. Upon reaching home, I made myself jog around my estate. Haven't done that in months, but in view of the upcoming F Open, a good stamina is pretty crucial. I hope to be able to keep up at this.

So this has been my week. And I'm super tired now, after this long entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home