How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Activites

This week, am so swarmed with activities. Had regular meeting w P yesterday, meeting HCM tonight, cell on Friday, worship run-through on Fri/Sat, friend's church wedding on Sat afternoon, wedding dinner on Sat night, J's baby first month cum house warming on Sun afternoon, another friend's daughter 2 yr old birthday on Sun night! Whew! Just the thought of it makes me tired. But surely the weekend's gonna be fun and eventful.

Just attended a 2-day Conference on Mon and Tue at a local hotel. It was a cosy group of delegates, with some coming from overseas. I must say that the program was rather sparse, and we had lots of free time in between programs. Also, some of the speakers were very ill-prepared. We could not make sense of what was being presented. Thank God a few better sessions kinda made up for it. Overall, did I gain very much from it? Contents wise, not really...

However, contents aside, I am grateful for the opportunity to mingle around with the delegates. At first, I was rather apprehensive as I was the only rep from my organisation. Gotta be veryindependent and sociable. I prayed that God would send me to strike up conversations with the right people. Many of the attendees were suppliers of products and it was very easy to fall prey to salesman talk. Thank God that prayer was well answered! I met some counterparts from other agencies, lecturers from local Unis, including my lecturer, and an ex-staff of my organisation. Glad that I managed to hold "intellegent" conversations with them. In fact, I was quite comfortable with various of them. Haha. :)

Relative to my earlier experience at an overseas seminar in Australia in 2003, networking with this group was so much more enjoyable. At least, I sensed the warmness of people I meet here. Back then in Australia, most of the delegates had the "self-important" air around them. To me, it appeared that they were very much caught up with the form of it all. Mingling around with them was tough I must say, especially when I was less experienced. Well, am grateful for the experience nevertheless.

Indeed, this week's seminar has helped build up my confidence in meeting industry people and mingling with them. Praise God!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Leah :) said…

    hey,i really have enjoyed your blog! sounds like you are a christian!!so i am.. i will keep you as a favorite..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home