How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Makan Gatherings

I had 2 gatherings with different colleagues today - over lunch and dinner, so have eaten quite a lot. Duh. In fact, yesterday I had another farewell lunch with this other colleague I got to know recently, and she is leaving after only 2 months! For personal reasons lah, she said...

Was initially hesitant about going for the dinner cos quite a number of people I am comfortable with backed out last minute.. . It was a gathering with an ex-colleauge (and with his wife and daughter) who went to work in NZ and is back for a few weeks. Was wondering how I would sit through the dinner and talk to people I don't really know. But am so glad I went, cos the little gal just made it all worthwhile! She was soooo cute and friendly and adorable! Sparkling eyes and big sweet smile. In fact, I think she bears some resemblance to this guy that I had a secret admiration for some "donkey" years ago! But that's beside the point lah. Arella (think it means lion in Hebrew) is her name and she is such an active, yet well-mannered child, and she warms up so quickly to new faces like me. She is about 3 years old and can speak quite well.

Of course I have seen many other cute kids, especially in church. But one thing that sets her apart from them is her bubbly and uninhibited nature. In fact, I felt so comfortable playing with her as she was so responsive and smiley. I didn't have to crack my head to think of things to occupy her =) Oh no, I am swooning over the kiddo!!

The family is back till end October. Hmmm, am now contemplating about visiting them in NZ sometime in future :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home