How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Recent happenings

I attended yet another wedding on Tue... that of my JC senior. Knew each other when we were in Student Venture. And guess who I met there? Its ah Loo from Hope! Its such a small world, and to think he was my senior in JC as well! One of my friend who was at the wedding remembered that Loo used to be quite high profile, "shuai4" kind of guy, causing many gals to swoon over him. Ha ha, hearing my friend's description, I could kinda recall having seen Loo on campus last time... No wonder he did come across as familiar-looking when both he and El joined Hope. At that time, I couldn't pinpoint where I've seen him... Hmmm so funny hor. And it didn't seem that long ago when we were in JC, but in actual fact, it's been V LONG already!!

Just a while ago, I received an sms from my Uni Cru DGL out of the blue. A pleasant surprise! Am really excited to hear from her as she has been MIA for quite a long while. Have always looked out for her at all the Cru functions I attended since graduation, but have not seen her at any of them... Wonder how she has been. So yes, am super excited that she is initiating a meet up :)))

Most of you out there reading this entry would prob not know her or understand my excitement. Well, she has been a deep influence in my life during my Uni days. She is a living testimony of someone who walked with the Lord, who loved the Lord, and who chose to obey the Lord through each struggle. She led me on my 2 MTs to India and Japan. She is very genuine and she used to share her heart so openly with us when I was in her DG. I remember that many things she said to us made much sense to us, and provided insights to God's Word. Through her, I see God's Word come alive! Yes, I also remember being afraid of her, cos since she walked so closely with God, I was afraid that she would see through me and know my secret thoughts or struggles. I was also afraid cos this lady would seem to know my fears and she would challenge me to take faith steps to trust God... I remember breaking down before her once, when I was super depressed and stressed, and she was so gentle and comforting. Yes, God has blessed me with this dear sister.

Coincidentally or by God's divine arrangement, just 3 days ago, when I was feeling quite down, I picked up a book (given by her) to read. I read her little note written to me on one of the pages, and I reminisced about the past, and God knows yeah =) Well, the book is entitled "Questions God asks, questions satan asks" and it ministered to me as it reframes my mind and sets my perspective in place again. Thank You Lord.

Am also quite pre-occupied the past week becos my grandad was admitted to TTSH on Tue. He had difficulty breathing and it was diagnosed as pneumonia and lung infection. The doc informed us to be prepared cos ah gong is quite old already... so my relatives have all been visiting him at the hospital over the past few days. Was quite affected initially, but now am trying to be more prepared emotionally. I thank God that ah gong had known the Lord when he was younger... And I thank God that today, his condition seemed to have improved somewhat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home