How Precious are Your Thoughts

Inspired by Psalm 139:17 "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Working Scene

Am very thankful that my grandpa's condition is improving, and that set my heart at ease, which is a very helpful thing at this point in time cos work is starting to pile up and I do have a few urgent stuff to complete and submit.

Optimistically speaking, the pressing demands at work would force me to pick up new skills faster than I would have on my own. However, it could get quite stressful for me. Some of the stress are self-imposed as I inevitably benchmark myself against my other colleague who joined the Division at about the same time as me. The diffference is he just completed his phD, and he has got experience in this area of work. For the past month of so, all the pressing work were given to him to complete since there is no one else, and I must say that he did a fantastic job for those projects. The bosses were v impressed and satisfied with him. So, although I am happy for him and that our section is "saved" by him, I do feel the pressure to perform as well.

I thank God that this colleague of mine is generally very helpful in guiding me on the technical stuff. He is an easy going person and I do feel very comfortable with him. And that is very important as I concentrate on learning the technical stuff...

Then just last week, I was given a "ridiculous" task to do. To prepare materials (seminar-style) to provide insights on the things my section does (best practices, techniques etc.), this when I am still fumbling with it myself!! And the given timeframe? Early Nov!! How impossible!! And my colleague is very tied down with pressing projects at this point in time. Well, I am taking on this challenge in my stride, and I will give of my best. And I know that God will help me through this as I commit it to Him and choose to look to Him for wisdom and strength =) I am so glad that I am in God's team. Heh.

With the looming deadlines, I decided to bring my work home this weekend. So its a relief that grandpa is better now. Spent the whole afternoon working on the laptop, and am taking a break now. Gonna continue later. I certainly wish to go out and relax, but I know I can't. Not today...Sigh...

On another note, in the course of my site checks on Thu and Fri, I actually pulled the muscle near my left shoulder blade. I was carrying lots of stuff and walking around for about 2+ hours and now I am suffering the pain of it. It was very bad last night and this morning and am praying that the pain will go away soon. Meanwhile, have resorted to using a muscleache patch to relieve the pain. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home